Allstaff Recruitment are currently seeking a Operations Manager based in Bedford for a well-established occasion wear brand specialising in graduation, legal and church/choir wear.
As the Operations Manager your role will involve the following important duties:
The experience required…
As an Operations Manager our client is looking for someone to help them remain compliant, efficient, and profitable during the business. You will play a pivotal role within the organisation through:
- Ensuring the picking and packing team has all the necessary resources to run effectively. The team usually packs approximately 500-1000 orders per day.
- Overseeing our small team of warehouse assistants in the preparation of garments for in persons events. The team prepares approximately 100-200 orders per day.
- Overseeing the loading of transport ready for event days, ensuring this is done accurately and safely.
- Overseeing order related customer service. This is a small team consisting of customer service assistants.
- Mentoring team members to increase quality of customer service and implement best practices across all levels
- Ensuring all operations are carried on in an appropriate, cost-effective way
- Improving operational management systems, processes, and best practices
- Purchasing materials, plan inventory and oversee warehouse efficiency
- Helping the organisation’s processes remain legally compliant
- Formulating strategic and operational objectives
- Examining financial data and use them to improve profitability
- Performing quality controls and monitor production KPIs
- Recruiting, training and supervising staff
- Being responsible for overseeing the smooth running of our picking and packing team, consisting of a warehouse manager and warehouse assistants.
As a successful Operations Manager, you will have the following:
- Experience of budgeting and forecasting
- Excellent communication skills
- Leadership ability
- Outstanding organisational skills
- Knowledge of organisational effectiveness and operations management.
Summary of the Operations Manager role…
Salary: £40,000 – £42,000 per annum
Location: – Bedford
Type of Contract: 6-month fixed term contract with possibility of going permanent.
Hours – full time Monday – Friday
The business is well established, offering training and progression. Great working hours and excellent benefits. This is a new role so there is the scope to make the role your own and get involved in process improvement and implementation of new systems.
This role would suit a Operations Manager who is qualified by experience
**Thank you for your interest in the Operations Manager role. One of our qualified Recruitment Specialists will now review your application. Due to the high volume of applications Allstaff Recruitment receive, it is with regret we are unable to respond to all candidates directly. However, if you do not hear from us within seven days, you have unfortunately been unsuccessful on this occasion. **
Why choose Allstaff Recruitment?
Allstaff Recruitment is an Independent Recruitment Specialist acting as an employment agency and an employment business. We specialise in Permanent, Contract and Temporary placements across a vast number of industries.
If you are looking for Jobs in Bedford, then look no further than the Allstaff Recruitment! Our website offers a variety of different roles across numerous industries. When looking for recruitment in Bedford, Allstaff Recruitment has a genuine interest in both our Candidates and Clients. Our aim to find the best match for you.
Our ethos is simple: to build long term relationships, by always offering an exceptional recruitment service. As a member of the REC, Allstaff Recruitment is committed to working to the highest possible standards.