Allstaff Recruitment are currently seeking a Logistics Specialist based in Tunbridge Wells, Kent
Logistics Specialist will be responsible for the overall coordination of freight. You will be the primary focal point for all in/outbound transportation activities including analysing the business while taking ownership of establishing new opportunities to improve processes or decrease secondary distribution spend.
As the Logistics Specialist your role will involve the following important duties:
- Management of logistics operations to ensure efficient and accurate delivery of shipments
- Prepare Export Document such as packing list, commercial invoices, Certificate of Origin, ATR and Letters of credit in accordance with the Sales order
- Invoice in accordance with company revenue recognition policy
- Manage all exceptional processes and ensure compliance
- Provide daily operational support to business segments and Procurement Specialists regarding expected shipment and arrival dates by proactively monitoring shipments
- Ensure internal alignment and common goals/objectives to support internal customers
- Comply with applicable company policies including but not limited to finance, personnel, and QHSE
- Monitor Logistics provider’s delivery of service on a day-to-day basis, report any service quality deviation
- Serve as focal point of contact for both Requestors and Drivers as required
- Review backlog to raise picklists, review CAD dates and liaise with Corporate Credit and Trade Compliance to maintain order releases
- Liaise with Projects team to organize and manage packing/crating of systems with third party vendor
- Provide Support on Logistics related HSE or any other area
- Provide support to review and close out completed production orders
- Provide freight quotes upon request
- Pack Dangerous goods and raise Dangerous Goods notes where necessary
- Communicate internally and externally to ensure timely delivery
- Maintain documentation available and traceable at all time
- Support internal and external audits
- Providing Proof of Delivery for each shipment
- Run Open Delivery report weekly
- Update Forecast spreadsheet daily and supply to relevant people
- Trade Compliance – ensuring all trade compliance information is communicated to the relevant parties
- Complete any assigned TCC tasks
- Work towards the TCC objectives
- Support warehouse activities (goods in, packing, kitting, etc.)
- Drive continuous improvement
- Any other duties as assigned
The experience required…
As a successful Logistic Specialist, you will have the following:
- 3-5 years’ experience in international logistics
- Understanding of general logistics processes / local logistics rules and regulations
- Good understanding on HTS codes
- Certification on shipping Dangerous goods – lithium batteries by road, sea & air
- SAP Experience
- Strong interpersonal, communication, negotiation, and collaborative skills
- Good analytical skills and ability to prioritize in the face of multiple tasks
- Excellent time management skills so as to ensure efficiency in service delivery at all times
- Ability to be proactive when dealing with customer complaints or requests
Summary of the Logistic Specialist role…
Salary: Up to £30K
Location: Tunbridge Wells, Kent
Type of Contract: Permanent, Full time
Hours: Full time Monday – Friday
The firm is well established, offering training and progression. Great working hours and excellent benefits.
This role would suit a Logistic Supervisor looking for the next step or an experienced warehouse or transportation team leader or deputy manager.
**Thank you for your interest in the Logistic Specialist role. One of our qualified Recruitment Specialists will now review your application. Due to the high volume of applications Allstaff Recruitment receive, it is with regret we are unable to respond to all candidates directly. However, if you do not hear from us within seven days, you have unfortunately been unsuccessful on this occasion.**
Why choose Allstaff Recruitment?
Allstaff Recruitment is an Independent Recruitment Specialist acting as an employment agency and an employment business. We specialise in Permanent, Contract and Temporary placements across a vast number of industries.
If you are looking for Jobs in Kent, then look no further than the Allstaff Recruitment! Our website offers a variety of different roles across numerous industries. When looking for recruitment in Kent, Allstaff Recruitment has a genuine interest in both our Candidates and Clients. Our aim to find the best match for you.
Our ethos is simple: to build long term relationships, by offering an exceptional recruitment service at all times. As a member of the REC, Allstaff Recruitment is committed to working to the highest possible standards.