Allstaff Recruitment are currently seeking a Distribution Manager based in Milton Keynes for a rapidly growing company.
Summary of the Distribution Manager role…
Salary: Circa £50,000 per annum
Location: Milton Keynes
Type of Contract: Permanent, Full time
Hours: 40 hour working week
As the Distribution Manager your role will involve the following important duties:
- Lead a busy warehouse and distribution centre ensuring it operates at peak efficiency.
- Supervise, organise, direct and train all warehouse employees.
- Ensure all orders are dispatched on time.
- Train and manage a warehouse team to solve day to day operational issues and reach short and long-term performance goals.
- Supervise daily activities of the warehouse, including inbound & outbound deliveries, quality assurance, inventory control, space management, logistics and floor productivity.
- Manage the flow and quality of work to maximise efficiency and minimise overtime.
- Inspect equipment, tools and machinery regularly, highlighting issues to the Facilities Coordinator for corrective action.
- Ensure metrics, reports, and process documentation is available and up to date.
- Provide external Audit assistance and assist with key supplier negotiations including pallets and waste management.
The experience required…
As a successful Distribution Manager, you will have the following:
- Proven management experience within a fast-paced Distribution Centre.
- Proficient knowledge of warehouse procedures and policies.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to build relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Negotiation and influencing skills.
- Strong IT skills with proficiency in Excel.
Why choose Allstaff Recruitment?
Allstaff Recruitment is an Independent Recruitment Specialist acting as an employment agency and an employment business. We specialise in Permanent, Contract and Temporary placements across a vast number of industries.
If you are looking for Jobs in Milton Keynes or Bedfordshire, then look no further than Allstaff Recruitment! Our website offers a variety of different roles across numerous industries. Check out our jobs page for all our latest vacancies in your area. Can’t find the role you want? Why not submit your CV and tell us your ideal job and see if we can help!
To keep up to date with all our recruitment activities and vacancies, please follow us on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.
**Thank you for your interest in the Distribution Manager role. One of our qualified Recruitment Specialists will now review your application. Due to the high volume of applications Allstaff Recruitment receive, it is with regret we are unable to respond to all candidates directly. However, if you do not hear from us within seven days, you have unfortunately been unsuccessful on this occasion.**