Allstaff Recruitment are currently seeking a Mechanical Design Engineer based in Bedford for a manufacturing company.
Summary of the Mechanical Design Engineer role…
Salary: up to £45,000 per annum
Type of Contract: Permanent, Full time
Hours: 37 hour working week, core hours: Monday – Thursday 9:00am – 4:30pm, Fridays 9:00am – 4:00pm.
As the Mechanical Design Engineer your role will involve the following important duties:
- Work to ISO9001 standards.
- Product design project work and order processing.
- Design for manufacture and assembly protocols.
- Produce 3D part models and assemblies and detailed 2D component and assembly drawings.
- Provide calculations for performance and safety considerations.
- Project manage new product development as well as existing products and individual one-off projects.
- Processes to generate the most cost-effective solutions and designs.
- Produce detailed material specifications, product IOM manuals and other technical reports/documentation as required.
The experience required…
As a successful Mechanical Design Engineer, you will have the following:
- An Honours degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- A minimum of 5 years related mechanical design experience.
- Experience of designing rotating metal parts or at the very least design of milled/turned/drilled parts.
- 3D CAD experience is essential.
- Application experience of FEA software.
- Excellent communication skills.
Why choose Allstaff Recruitment?
Allstaff Recruitment is an Independent Recruitment Specialist acting as an employment agency and an employment business. We specialise in Permanent, Contract and Temporary placements across a vast number of industries.
If you are looking for Jobs in Bedford, then look no further than Allstaff Recruitment! Our website offers a variety of different roles across numerous industries. Check out our jobs page for all our latest vacancies in your area. Can’t find the role you want? Why not submit your CV, tell us your ideal job, and see if we can help!
To keep up to date with all our recruitment activities and vacancies, please follow us on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.
**Thank you for your interest in the Mechanical Design Engineer role. One of our qualified Recruitment Specialists will now review your application. Due to the high volume of applications Allstaff Recruitment receive, it is with regret we are unable to respond to all candidates directly. However, if you do not hear from us within seven days, you have unfortunately been unsuccessful on this occasion.**