Allstaff Recruitment have the pleasure of recruiting an experienced CNC Machine Cell Setter/Operator to join a global, prestigious company in Bedford.
A successful candidate will be able to set and operate a cell of CNC and manual machines, to perform a simultaneous and inter-related sequence of operations on components in compliance with specification.
The CNC Machine Cell Setter/Operator will:
• Work in an environment of continuous improvement and follow the Right First Time philosophy in the manufacture of quality parts.
• Refer to drawings, tool list and set-up sheet to obtain appropriate tooling and measuring equipment and return upon completion of job.
• Mark out if required, load and unload components manually or by jib crane to work piece chucks or fixtures. Set correctly and secure.
• Set the CNC machine tools to program setting sheet, using multiple tooling stations. Set gearshaper m/c.
• Operate the CNC controls, having a basic understanding of machine tool programming and produce component parts to company standards. Operate semi-automatic gearshaper.
• Carry out dimensional and visual checks using appropriate measuring equipment and gauges, to ensure components meet inspection standards.
• Carry out assembly work
• Ensure required standards of safety are adhered to, machine cleanliness and routine machine lubrication is carried out.
• Report to supervision any machine tool or measuring instrument defect to minimise scrap and downtime.
• Participate in Kaizen activities to improve processes and increase efficiency.
• Liase with Production Engineering, Quality and Supervision in problem solving and determining maximum efficiency.
• To carry out any reasonable task or project that may be required by the value Stream Manager.
The experience required…
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
• Working to engineering drawings
• Good manual dexterity
• Experience with CNC machines
• Ability to work efficiently to deadlines
• Good attention to detail
• Flexible and hardworking
• Ability to prioritise
• Calm under pressure
• A team player, with an efficient and proactive approach.
In order to be considered for this role a candidate must be able to satisfy the following requirements:
• Educated to GCSE standard or equivalent
• Previous experience with CNC Machines
Summary of the CNC Machine Cell Setter/Operator:
Salary : £25,000 – £29,000 per annum
Type of Contract: Permanent, Full time
The business is well established, offering training and progression. Great working hours.
This role would suit an experienced Audit Senior
**Thank you for your interest in the CNC Operator role. One of our qualified Recruitment Specialists will now review your application. Due to the high volume of applications Allstaff Recruitment receive, it is with regret we are unable to respond to all candidates directly. However, if you do not hear from us within seven days, you have unfortunately been unsuccessful on this occasion.**
Why choose Allstaff Recruitment?
Allstaff Recruitment is an Independent Recruitment Specialist acting as an employment agency and an employment business. We specialise in Permanent, Contract and Temporary placements across a vast number of industries.
If you are looking for Jobs in Milton Keynes, then look no further than the Allstaff Recruitment! Our website offers a variety of different roles across numerous industries. When looking for recruitment in Milton Keynes, Allstaff Recruitment has a genuine interest in both our Candidates and Clients. Our aim to find the best match for you.
Our ethos is simple: to build long term relationships, by offering an exceptional recruitment service at all times. As a member of the REC, Allstaff Recruitment is committed to working to the highest possible standards.